Map Tack

Handi's Workshop Headline Animator

Handi's Workshop

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Woodworking Tip of The Week - Sheet Goods Cart

Storing assorted scrap pieces of plywood and MDF is always difficult. Because of their size, these sheets usually end up leaned against the wall, taking up valuable wall space. And the larger pieces always seem to hide the smaller pieces, making them hard to find.


To fix this problem, I built the cart you see at right for storing and organizing sheet goods. The cart has two sides. One side is designed to hold larger pieces. And the other is made to store smaller sheets and plastic buckets for small odds and ends of various sizes.


Example Drawing

The cart is built using 2x4’s for the base and uprights. Lengths of 3/4″ PVC pipe are used to make partitions for holding larger sheets on one side of the cart. A single PVC pipe is used on the other side and provides a place to hook a bungee cord for holding smaller pieces and plastic storage buckets in place.

I placed the cart on a set of casters. This way, it’s easy to move around.


Good woodworking,


Phil Huber
Editor, ShopNotes


I have found a way it seems to give me the Whole picture and all during the Posting process, So Pictures and Link will be provided as well for reference.


Enjoy

Handi

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful way of storing wood like this. Thanks for sharing. I love the movable part. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Moon-Writer, I take no credit for the Tips I post here, all are posted by woodworkingtips.com.

    I get them in my email then I figured I would post them and give credit to them, so the blog could be a source of information as well as some of my Projects...

    Handi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting and useful information that you have provided here on your post.
    cast iron casters & kingpinless cart casters

    ReplyDelete